Sep 3, 2008

First day of school

Both of my oldest are in school all day! They were both so excited. Mostly to get back to see their friends. They looked so cute in their new shoes and outfits.





My sweet Halli... when we went to look at her who her teacher was she said,,"please not Mrs. Bass"...and she got Mrs. Bass. And none of her good friends are in her class, well except the part bully part friend who causes a lot of drama! I told her that she is always going to have hard times in her life and teachers she does not like, but they are all experiences and to make the best of it. So far So good! And she has realized It's not as bad as she thought is was going to be.
This was the first year that her hair was not done PERFECT. well because don't you know that she is so grown up! Just look at those bangs. I had to get them cut because she always wants that hair in her face over to the side, i and would pull it down when it was long so she ended up looking like violet from the incredibles all the time. She has a cow lick and her hair does not like to stay over to the side so it always looks messy that way! and One of my biggest pet peeves is kids with messy hair. I have ALWAYS done her hair...but now I am limited to hair bands, half up and pony tails, but not cute ones with frillies and stuff. And half the time she comes home with the pony tail pulled out and hair everywhere. I guess maybe she is rebelling... I don't know. She just cracks me up at how big she is getting. I try to go with the flow and not cause drama, anyway it is only hair.....





Ethan is a big 1st grader, In school all day. I was a little worried, but he seems to be following instruction, making friends, and actually doing his work! Maybe it's just the sound of MY voice he tunes out! He got an awsome teacher who is super nice. So far Recess, and math are his favorite things to do, Oh and "mostly chasing girls around the playground" (he said as he raises his eybrows a few times and smiles)

4 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

The story about Halli’s hair made me laugh. Sometime I wonder why I even bother brushing my daughters considering the state it comes home in too. I think the attitude about her teacher is a good one to have, if she is a little more relaxed she made not find the year so bad and the teach might grow on her. Understand the issue with the friend!!! we have one of those too.
Ethan looks very proud to be a first grader.

Laura said...

I LOVE your kids! They are the coolest kids in the world! I can't believe they're both going to be in grade school all day long!
All three of them are going to be little heartbreakers one day...
P.S. I know what you mean about the bangs, but I think they're super cute on her!

Jyl said...

HAhah, Thats adorable that your 1st grader is already taunting the girls! And Halli, oh she is so cute! And if thats the only thing she ever does to rebel, Bless her!

T & K Brundage said...

I just LOVE my Grandchildren! My Halli, the big girl and social butterfly. My Ethan, handsome and a total BOY. My Brodey, smiles and one year old beauty. (Clone of his Mother)Need I say more...

Give all the kids a Great big Hug, Squeeze and Kiss from Grandpa and Grandma! XOXOXOXO