Last night i got a call from my little brother Joe. Joe if some of you do not know lived with corey and I too. He cam to live with us the same time as steve, but only lived with us for 3 years. I feel so bad for joe. None of us had a good childhood, but it seems that he had it very very hard. Corey and I really could not help him when he was with us. Anyway last night he called and I guess he has done some things he is not proud of lately and he wants to try and appologize to people in his past that he hurt. So he said he was sorry for all the crap he put me and corey through, when we were just trying to help him. We talked for 3 hours. It was really good.
Sometimes it is so hard for me to be in the role of parent or (mom) for all my brothers and sister. I try really hard to still keep in touch with my mom (even though she is crazy) but it is times like these that I just get MAD that she did not care enough about herself or her children to...I don't know, just give us a half decent life or atleast not do drugs and go crazy. I am lucky because I was old enough to make the decision to live with my grandma, but my brothers did not and they were put into a situation that was not fair and no child should have to deal with what they went through, and now they are left as adults with issues. I love Joe so much, he has issues. But he was really dealt a hard hand in life.
I hurt for him, but my mother-in-law told me that I should let god help him because I can't and that all I can do is pray and put his name in the temple and the rest is up to him, and it is true and maybe I can give advice but ultimatly it's up to joe to want better for himself. And he deserves it everybody does. so I thought maybe if anyone reads this, will you please remember my brother and his wife in your payers and just send him some strength? I would really appreciate it!
5 comments:
Keri..I think you and Corey have been great role models to your brothers. You guys have been so loving and accepting them into your family to help them and you will be blessed. You guys have done a wonderful job, and on a side note HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY!!!!!!! miss ya, Vanessa
I agree with Vanessa! You are such a great sister. We never know what life has in store for us..you can let things shape you in a negative way, or a positive way. You have such strength to rise above, and make a better life for YOUR family and Steve.xoxo
I can not imagine all that you have had to go through at such a young age. Raising teens in your twenties and continuing to be the "mother" to you siblings as well as balancing your own life and family. You are amazing to me. Just think, you have had great practice for when your kids are teenagers, and you definatly know what kind of mother you want to be. Hey, you already have a missionary out, that says a lot! I am glad you had a great birthday after this! Love ya!
Thanks guys! you don't know how much I treasure your freindship!!!
I just barely met you today at church and I was perusing your blog and came to this post. Let me tell you, I feel for you and I too struggle with being the responsible parent figure to my way-ward siblings. It is not an easy load to carry and I am just learing that you can only do so much. Your mother in-law is wise, rely on the Lord. Hang in there!
Post a Comment