
What are we doing to our children? Today at Ethans basketball game I was in charge of snack. So I thought it would be a great idea to cut up some fruit and take it, since we are trying to eat healthier and all that. Well this is how it went.
All kids run over super excited for snack after the game.
for almost half of the team this was the response when they saw it was only fruit.
" oh, no Thanks "
what? NO THANKS!! I took the time to cut it up and take it to the game. It is healthy and really does taste good. I Promise.
Parents. . . I think we need to do a better job teaching our kids how to eat right!
8 comments:
I completely agree.
After Jonah's soccer game the other day, a Dad brought a dozen of chocolate doughnuts and huge gatorade's. First of all, "Oh my word!" Second of all, "Umm Hello? Did that cost you about $30?" Geez. I remember playing soccer and we got orange slices and H20 at halftime and that is IT!
I try to keep it cheap and hopefully not as bad: CapriSun(the less sugar kind) and a Fruit Rollup. That is as bad as I can get:)
Good for you! Fruit is not cheap, and it's also not as easy as just handing out candy or other junk. I can't believe the kids weren't all loving it. My kids would have loved you! Way to go!
Wow- that is sucky scary.
The fruit looked good. Sad a lot of the kids wouldn't eat it.
Happy mothers day. I hope you get that french toast.
Yeah, I agree: that fruit looks so yummy. We are big fruit eaters here. I'm not surprised that many of the kids turned their noses up at that -- too much junk food out there, especially at sporting stuff. One of my son's friends won't touch ANY fruit and the only vegetable he'll eat is corn. That's it! Well, at least you got to enjoy more fruit for yourselves??!?
hey!!!
i hope ur drive back home was good!! and i hope corey is doing ok!!!! oh and on the hole food thing i completely agree.. i mean my brother for instance he watched the way my mom eat and my dad and then me and ever sence he was little hes been a picky eater... (drives me crazy)..when i was younger my mom used to pack me lunches and we used to go on hicks and piknicks.. but its almost like u loose ur modevation the bussier u get so u find faster ways to do thinkgs and now days its all the price so we take whatever fits those needs... in result im over weight and my brother only eats what he wants or whats in the house which is never healthy cause my mom only buyz the cheep stuff which equils lots of carbs,glutens and fats... so everyone learns by what they see from the people around them... so yes we do need to start setting bttr examples!!!
best wishes!!!
xoxo
Muito bom !
Você é um exemplo !
Continue e nunca desista !
Que você tenha vivido um lindo DIA DAS MÃES !
Post a Comment